The Subsonic/Race/35a aerobar combines the low stack Subsonic bracket with the arm-hugging Race armrest to offer an industry-leading fit range oriented towards low, narrow positions. The 35a extension offers a comfortable 35 degree angle with a 80mm rise. This is the only low stack clip-on in the market that maintains the pad-to-grip angle as the bar is stacked up
Subsonic is not just another aerobar bracket. It brings our next-generation fit range to a low stack bracket design. This allows the bar to use our riser kits to increase the stack without changing the relationship between the armrest and the grips. The Race armrest has been designed to tightly cup the riders arms – facilitating a narrow position and increasing control at speed.
- The Subsonic/Race is designed to achieve a lower stack height than standard aerobars, without the added frontal area of a below-the-basebar extension clamping system. This improves aerodynamics and the fit range.
- Armrest offset: -85mm to -17.5mm in 7.5mm steps
- Armrest Width: 142mm to 272mm in 18.5mm steps (with Extensions at 100mm)
- Armrest Stack: The minimum is 40mm and the bracket is compatible with our existing risers which add up to 70mm of stack in 5mm increments.
- The extension rotation can be easily adjusted using the shaft bolt. There is a 40mm range of extension length adjustment once the extensions have been cut.
There are 80 distinct position options achievable just by moving the armrests. Combine that with the risers and this bar offers 1200 possible configurations. As a clip on bar it is also possible to adjust the extension width and tilt easily. This is the most adjustable low stack clip-on on the market.
After we released the Supersonic (J5) as a premium bracket with market leading fit options and verstility we wanted to bring the same kind of options to teh rest of our range of brackets and thus aerobars.
Where our supersonic and Sonic brackets have a minimum stack of around 60mm, like most of the popular aerobars - we wanted the Subsonic to offer a substantially lower position. This helps the segment of the market who struggle to get into their ideal position with modern bike frames. And it was vital that we include stack height adjustment without altering the pad grip relationship - so our riders have the ability to fine-tune every aspect of their setup.
The Race armrest shares the flippable design of the rest of our new generation armrests. By swapping sides or rotating the armrest, smaller increments of movement are achieved - making it simple to fine-tune a rider's position or match the position from their previous aerobar or bike. Additionally, there are two thicknesses of cushion available to ensure a snug fit for different sized arms.
Who is it for
- This bar is perfect for riders who wish to achieve lower positions than are possible with standard aerobar designs. Unlike other low stack bars, it allows fine-tuning of the stack height so the rider is not limited to only one armpad height. With the Race armrests fitted, it is tailored towards riders who intend to be low and narrow to punch the smallest possible hole through the wind.
- Bracket: Subsonic
- Clamp Diameter: 31.8mm (26.0 w/Shims)
- Armrest: Race / 5mm Pads
- Extension Length: 350mm
- Width: 142mm to 272mm
- Weight: 590g
|Black / 350mm||723660007485||RHSSNC1|